1. I'm a classic kind of gal! I love songs that have withstood the test of time.
2. I like songs that remind me of my childhood.
3. I use songs in the classroom that have worked every single year with my students, or pretty darn close to it.
4. I like a song that tells a story.
5. I like to use chants, jump rope chants, and movement along with books.
6. I personally love music. My guilty pleasure is just about anything from the 70's. But I love many types of music. I often have music on in my classroom, while I'm creating, while I'm entertaining, and in my car. I have Pandora on my IPAD, XM/Sirius in the car and various songs running through my head often times.
7. Certain songs remind me of certain friends, experiences, and stories. I often times snap a picture of my dashboard radio display and text the song listed to the friend it reminds me of on a regular basis. Sweet Home Alabama- Katie, Word Up- Amy, Oh What a Night....well you get the idea!
8 So if I love music that much, why not take advantage of that? Some of my students may be just as in tune to music as I am. Why wouldn't I incorporate music into my curriculum in any way possible?
So drum roll please...take a peek below and see if any of your favorites made the list. But please do so at your own risk. If you are singing them in the produce department while grocery shopping, it's all on you!
Yes....just as I thought I had gone through my whole collection of sing-a-longs, I found a few more. So consider this a "Buy Ten, Get Three Free". And I truly could've kept going. But I will refrain!
So what is your favorite sing-a-long? I would love to hear from you as I'm always looking to add more to my collection. Please comment below with your favorites!
Until Next Time,